The Montevideo Area Chamber of Commerce serves over 230 members and their employees. We offer opportunities to volunteer, network, promote your business, get involved with your communities’ future, attend social events, and expand your interests and experiences.
We sponsor a wide variety of programs and events each year and have numerous active committees and project committees to meet the needs of the community.
Look at the opportunities waiting for you at the Chamber!
Chair: Deanna Hodge
Board Liason: John Cushing
The Admirals are the public relations arm of the Chamber. These dedicated volunteers assist with the yearly membership drive, provide liaison services to committees for events and coordinate monthly Business After Hours. The Admirals are also responsible for presenting the following awards throughout our community: Grand Opening, Ribbon Cutting, Ground Breaking, and First Dollar.
Chair: Kelly Lindeman
Board Liaison: Nolan Jaspersen
To assure open communications between the business, agri-business, and agricultural communities and support any and all endeavors that will be beneficial to these groups as a whole. The Agriculture Committee will also strive to recruit agricultural related entities to become active members of the Chamber, as we are a community rich in agriculture based assets.
Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB)
Chair: Donna Krueger
Board Liaison: Jim Dahlvang
The Convention and Visitors Bureau is a division of the Chamber of Commerce and was formed to promote the City of Montevideo as a tourism, convention and meeting center. The CVB actively pursues new avenues to bring Montevideo to the attention of tourists, conventioneers, and our own community members as a beautiful place full of historic treasures and traditions, outdoor recreation and local artists.
Government Affairs Committee
Chair: Marv Garbe
Board Liaison: Kayla Reiffenberger
Determine and assess legislative priorities; work closely with city, county, state and national public officials to inform them of our objectives and to obtain their assistance in meeting our legislative goals, and provide education opportunities for Chamber members on issues that affect their business.
Montevideo Arts Project
The most recent of committees, this group works to promote local art and create opportunities to enrich the area with new works of public art.
Montevideo Business Community Group
Chair: Jessica Stölen-Jacobsen
Board Liaison: Jessica Stölen
The Retail Service and Business Development Committee is the core group focused on keeping our retail and commercial businesses strong and recruiting additional businesses to our community. They keep a current comprehensive inventory of vacant commercial buildings with information on rent or purchase prices available for potential new or expanding businesses. The committee has a group rich in experience and expertise and can serve as a resource to area businesses. The committee continues to promote and expand the Chamber Incentive Program for new and expanding businesses.
Chamber of Commerce Programs & Events
- Advertising: Chamber offers numerous advertising packages in different media forms to help promote all our member businesses.
- Annual Meeting: Opportunity to meet new Board members, learn about the new goals set by the Board and hear community leaders discuss the close relationship we have formed to build a better community foundation.
- Ag Scholarship: Scholarships given in various amounts to students pursuing careers in ag related fields or careers that will bring them back to our rural areas.
- Business After Hours: Held once each month to promote one of our local member businesses and to create a social setting to network with fellow Chamber members.
- Easter Egg-Citment: Held every year in Smith Park the Saturday before Easter Sunday.
- Crazy Monte Days/Market In Monte: Various fun-filled events and sales throughout the community.
- Trick or Treat Street~Trunk or Treat Main Street: Held on main street at 5-6:30 p.m. October 31, on the Friday before if it lands on the weekend.
- Annual Fundraiser: Annual dinner, entertainment and auction event.
- Merry Montevideo Christmas: Annual Lighted Holiday Parade and Santa’s Arrival are just a few of the events you’ll find in Montevideo during the holidays, as well as excellent shopping.
- Internet Website: Chamber hosts the Montevideo Website with a community wide calendar and an opportunity for members to advertise.
- Legislative Forum: Forum for legislators and/or candidates to inform our community about issues facing our community, followed by questions from our audience.
- Mailing Labels: Members receive our membership directory in mailing label format.
- Membership Directory: The membership directory is categorized by business types and also alphabetized by business names. Updated monthly to guarantee the most current information is inserted and to give all new members the ability to utilize this benefit immediately.
- Newsletter: Produce a monthly newsletter to keep members updated on a host of issues and events.
- Seminars: Seminars on pertinent topics and issues that our members and their employees face.
- Travel Information: Chamber provides a vast variety of information on Montevideo as well as every major community in Minnesota and each state in the nation.
- Women’s Conference and Seminars: Designed to educate women on their mental, emotional, physical, and financial health, as well as learn hands-on crafts and enjoy the company of other women in the area.