A Great Place to Live, Work, and Grow
- Excellent school system with a 97% graduation rate
- Quality health care opportunities at our locally-owned hospital and clinic
- A wide range of housing options
- Strong local and regional workforce
- Crossroads of US Highways 212 and 59 and State Highways 7 and 29
- 115 acres of parks compliment our wide variety of recreational opportunities
Awards and Recognition
Montevideo was named an All-America City in 2004. Only 10 cities nationwide receive this annual award, which is the nation’s longest running and most prestigious civic recognition program.
Montevideo was named an All-America City Finalist in 2001 and 2003. Only 30 cities nationwide receive this annual designation.
Montevideo received the 2004 City Achievement Award from the League of Minnesota Cities for innovation and excellence in Cooperation.
Montevideo received the 2002 City Achievement Award from the League of Minnesota Cities for innovation and excellence in Housing, Economic Development, and Community Spaces.
Montevideo received the 2001 and 2003 City Achievement Award from the League of Minnesota Cities for innovation and excellence in Citizen, Community, and Youth Involvement.